Online Banking Guide
Our online banking service has been designed to be easy and intuitive to use, but if you need guidance on how to complete certain tasks, we have prepared a number of videos, which illustrate common tasks. If you require further assistance you can contact our client services centre from 8 am - 8 pm (UK time), Monday to Friday on 0800 289936 (freephone from within the UK) or +44 (0) 1624 645000.
Making a Payment
- Select 'PAYMENTS' from the Main Menu.
- You have the choice of making a payment to a Sterling Domestic account, US Dollar to US Bank or payment to Other Countries & Currencies.
- Sterling Domestic: Choose the account you want to pay the money from. The available balance for the selected account will be displayed.
- Enter the Amount to pay.
- Select the preferred payment option: Cheapest or Fastest. The payment charge for the selected option will be displayed.
- Complete the recipient details: Payee account name, account number and sort code. You can use the Narrative/Payment Reference field to provide any additional information if you wish.
- Once complete, press SUBMIT. You will then be sent a TEXT MESSAGE with an SMS Password. Enter the SMS Password on the payment confirmation screen to validate the request.
- If the code is not accepted, you can request a new code. If you still have issues with this step, please Contact Us.
- US Dollar to US Bank and other currencies: The process is similar to above although different fields are required.
- For US payments if you do not have a Fedwire Code/ABA/Routing Transit Number, you can use the radio button to select SWIFT/BIC Code.
- For Other Currency Payments, if you do not have the IBAN number you can use the radio button to select Account Number.
- Once you have successfully entered the SMS Password, the payment will be sent to be processed and you will receive a payment confirmation message.
Related Frequently Asked Questions
How do I indicate which method of payment I wish to use?
When arranging the payment on screen, the desired method of payment can be typed into the 'Narrative' box at the bottom of the screen, eg by indicating BACS or CHAPS or marking the payment as URGENT for same day transfers, if received within set payment deadlines..
How do I send a payment in a currency other than what my funds are currently held in?
You must send a message through the contact us page to arrange a foreign exchange or call our client services team before a payment can be effected. Cleared funds must be available in the debiting account for a payment to be accepted, therefore please allow for foreign exchange settlement dates.
When will my payment be processed?
Payments can be submitted at any time. They are processed during our normal business hours. The status of your payment is displayed in the 'Recent Payments' list.
Why am I unable to see menu options for Payments, Transfers and Standing Orders?
To see these options, you must have applied for our transactional online banking service. If you have applied for view-only access, these options will not be visible.
How long should I expect to wait for my SMS password to arrive?
In most circumstances you should receive you SMS password within a minute. If you have not received an SMS after two minutes you can opt to request another SMS password from the online banking system. If you are still having problems please contact us.
What happens if I am unable to read the identification code sent to my mobile phone?
Click on the 'Re-send' button on the payment or standing order page and this will resend a new identification code to your mobile phone.